What are the benefits of dental implants?
There are a number of benefits to replacing your missing teeth with dental implants! Dr. Arastu is an expert in the field and you can rest assure you are in good hands in his care. With a skilled surgeon such as Dr. Arastu you can look forward to successful and long-lasting implants.
Dental implants offer both cosmetic and restorative dentistry benefits including:
- Improved Appearance – Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with the bone, they become permanent improvements to your smile.
- Improved Speech – With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants provide an immobile, solid anchor for your teeth allowing you to speak without worrying that your teeth may slip
- Improved Comfort – Implants can help eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures. This is due to the permanence of implants and the strong anchor they provide to your replacement teeth.
- Easier Eating – The immobility of implants, in addition to the strength of the bond between the implant and your jawbone, makes eating much easier compared to dentures that slide or missing teeth. Dental implants function just like your own teeth so you can be confident eating your favorite foods without pain.
- Improved Self-Esteem – Replacing missing teeth with dental implants can help restore your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved Oral Health – Other tooth replacement strategies, such as tooth-supported bridges, require grinding down neighboring teeth. A dental implant can support the tooth while preserving the health of neighboring teeth. Additionally, a well-integrated implant can help preserve bone in the jaw. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants make it easier to clean between teeth as well, helping to improve oral hygiene.
- Durability – Implants are extremely durable and will last much longer than most other tooth replacement options. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience – With dental implants, your replacement teeth can be permanently fixed in place. This removes the need for messy adhesives or the embarrassing hassle of taking out removable dentures.